LibertyMedia Corp. President and CEO Gregory Maffei saw his 2015 total compensationdrop to about $12.1 million from $41.6 million in the prior year, mainly due toa year-over-year decrease in option award.
Maffei,who was paid $36.7 million worth of option awards in 2014, received roughly $5.1million in such awards in 2015, according to a July 8 SEC filing. The CEO's 2015 pay package also included $960,750in salary, $1.3 million in stock awards and $4.1 million in nonequity incentiveplan compensation.
JohnMalone, meanwhile, received $912,343 in 2015 as chairman of Liberty Media, up from$733,451 the year before. Thanks largely to stock awards worth about $4.4 million,CFO Christopher Shean's 2015 pay package jumped to $5.4 million from $958,240 in2014. General Counsel Richard Baer netted roughly $1.2 million in 2015.
* ElaineRubin, who was recently named to BlueNile Inc.'s board, will receive the same compensation as Blue Nile'sother nonemployee directors. Rubin, founder and president of consulting firm DigitalProphets Network LLC, will get an annual retainer of $40,000 in cash; $3,000 forserving on any committee of the board of directors; an initial grant of restrictedstock units with a value of $100,000; and an annual equity grant with a value of$85,000, which she may elect to receive in the form of stock options or restrictedstock units. Rubin succeedsMary Alice Taylor, who resigned from Blue Nile's board, effective July 15, "tospend more time with her family and pursue other outside interests," accordingto a July 21 Form 8-K filing.
* RogerAiles resigned as chairmanand CEO of FOX News Channel (US)and FOX Business Network (US),and Chairman of Fox Television Stations, effective July 21, amid sexual harassmentallegations against him. Ailes will reportedlyget at least $40 million as buyout from FOX News. Rupert Murdoch will serve as chairmanand acting CEO of Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network, 21st Century Fox Inc. said July 21.
* DavidOddo, National CineMedia Inc.'ssenior vice president of finance and Interim co-CFO, is entitled to receive a cashbonus of $50,000 for remaining a company employee from Jan. 19 to July 19, accordingto a Form 8-K filed July19. Oddo, who was namedco-CFO in March 2013, continues to be employed by the company following the agreementterms.
* StormySimon is stepping downas president of Overstock.com Inc.effective no later than July 25, and as a director of the company no later thanSept. 30. In connection with Simon's resignation, the company has agreed to payher a severance payment of $325,000, and to vest a total of 19,759 shares of unvestedrestricted stock units previously granted to Simon, the company in a July 15 Form 8-K filing. Simonis leaving Overstock.com to pursue other opportunities.
* MarkShaffer, who succeededJames Williams as Liquidity ServicesInc.'s vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, willbe paid an annual base salary of $220,000, with a target bonus of 40% of his basesalary. The company will also granthim 15,000 of restricted shares over four years.Shaffer previously served the company as senior associate general counsel and assistantgeneral counsel.
* Chairman and CEO MarkDankberg took home about $7.3 million in fiscal year 2016 compensation, including$1.0 million in salary, $2.6 million in stock awards and $2.5 million in optionawards. By comparison, the CEO was paid about $7.1 million in fiscal 2015, accordingto a July 22 SEC filing.President and COO Richard Baldridge's fiscal 2016 pay package increased to $5.7million from $4.7 million the year before. CFO Shawn Duffy earned roughly $2.0 millionin fiscal year 2016, up from $1.9 million the prior year.