S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Shire plc named John Miller, senior vice president of finance, as interim CFO, effective Jan. 1, 2018, to replace outgoing CFO Jeff Poulton. Miller will hold the position until recently appointed full-time CFO Thomas Dittrich takes office in early 2018.
* Tatsuro Kosaka will become the CEO of Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. at the end of March 2018, replacing Osamu Nagayama. Nagayama will assume the responsibilities of board chairman and representative director. Kosaka serves as a representative director, president and COO of the company.
* Urogen Pharma Ltd. named Mark Schoenberg chief medical officer. Schoenberg had served as a consultant to UroGen since 2013 before becoming the company's medical director in 2015.
* Kim Giffoni resigned as the interim CEO of Targeted Medical Pharma Inc. He will remain on the company's board and serve as executive vice president of foreign sales. Targeted Medical also appointed director Marcus Charuvastra to take over as interim CEO.
* ATyr Pharma Inc. said its chief business officer Sanuj Ravindran will leave the company Dec. 31. He will transition to an advisory role.
* Craig Hopkinson will become Alkermes plc's chief medical officer Feb. 1, 2018. He will be joined by Mark Namchuk, who will serve as senior vice president of research, pharmaceutical and non-clinical development, to assume all leadership responsibilities for the company's research and development organization.
* Flexion Therapeutics Inc. tapped Scott Kelley to replace Yamo Deniz, who is stepping down as the chief medical officer. Kelley was previously Flexion's vice president of medical affairs.
* Achaogen Inc. appointed President and COO Blake Wise to CEO, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Wise succeeds Kenneth Hillan, who is taking on the newly created role of president of research and development. In addition, Hillan will be the president of the company and will remain on the board.
* Restoration Robotics Inc. appointed Mark Hair to the position of CFO, effective Jan. 5, 2018. Hair succeeds Charlotte Holland, who is stepping down as CFO and will assist in the transition.
* Aeterna Zentaris Inc. said interim CFO Jeffrey Whitnell left the company, effective Dec. 7. Whitnell was appointed interim CFO in September.