This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* CEO of diversified REIT RREEF Property Trust Inc. Julianna Ingersoll stepped down as CEO, president and a board member. The company appointed W. Todd Henderson as its new CEO and Anne-Marie Vandenberg as its new president, COO and as a board member on Oct. 3. Henderson will continue as chairman of the company.
* Hyatt Hotels Corp. CFO Patrick Grismer is stepping down Nov. 2 to take on the same role at Starbucks Corp. The hotelier tapped its senior vice president of finance for the Americas, Joan Bottarini, to replace Grismer.
* Maplewood International REIT CFO Kimberly Tam resigned from the Canadian REIT to explore another employment opportunity. The company tapped trustee Sean Nakamoto to serve as its interim CFO.
* Shopping center-focused REIT DDR Corp. added Linda Abraham, managing director of Crimson Capital, and Dawn Sweeney, president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association, to its board, with effect from Oct. 8.
* Shareholders of shopping center REIT Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust Inc. re-elected all of the company's directors at its annual general meeting, among activist pressure.
* Cushman & Wakefield PLC hired KIG CRE LLC's multifamily institutional investment sales brokerage team including Susan Tjarksen, Todd Stofflet and Jason Stevens as managing directors and Laura Ballou, Jacob Albers, Daniel Falkenberg, Caleb Zielke and Brenda Cuellar as part of the team.