trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/05dW83X-bBJ-kORMjTg4gQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In This List

BP, Reliance proceed with JV for retail, aviation fuels network in India


S&P podcast - Coronavirus pandemic, oil price crash shake up energy sector

Case Study: A Utility Company Efficiently Sharpens Its Focus on the Credit Risk of New Customers

Energy Evolution Podcast

Energy Evolution Why solar energy could get even cheaper

BP, Reliance proceed with JV for retail, aviation fuels network in India

Following a heads of agreement signed in early August, oil major BP PLC and Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd. struck a definitive agreement to form a joint venture that includes a retail service station network and aviation fuels marketing across India.

Reliance will hold a 51% stake in the joint venture company and the remaining 49% will be held by BP, according to a Dec. 16 news release. The new company will assume ownership of Reliance's Indian fuel retail network and access its aviation fuel business.

The venture would expand Reliance's more than 1,400 retail sites and 30 aviation fuel stations to up to 5,500 retail sites and 45 aviation fuel stations over the next five years.

"India is one of the world's most important energy markets its transport and aviation sectors are growing and evolving rapidly," said BP Group CEO and executive director Robert Dudley. "We aim to meet the country's growing demand for mobility solutions, high-quality fuels and services through this new venture."

The venture is expected to be formed in the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory and other customary approvals.

Financial details were not disclosed.