S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* GlaxoSmithKline PLC appointed outgoing HSBC Holdings PLC Group Finance Director Iain Mackay as its CFO. He will succeed Simon Dingemans, who is scheduled to retire from GSK in May 2019 and will remain accountable as CFO for the company's financial governance through March 2019.
* China Resources Pharmaceutical Group Ltd. said Song Qing resigned as president and as an executive director.
* Edgardo Baracchini Jr. will resign as the chief business officer of Xencor Inc., effective Aug. 15.
* Innoviva Inc. terminated the employment of Senior Vice President and CFO Eric d'Esparbes, effective Aug. 17. The termination was without cause, Innoviva said. The company named Marianne Zhen chief accounting officer and principal accounting officer. Zhen was previously the company's corporate controller.
* Antares Pharma Inc. appointed James Tursi as executive vice president, chief medical officer and head of research and development.
* SciGen Ltd. said CEO Marek Dziki, along with four board members, has resigned. The resignations follow YiFan International Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.'s unconditional offer to acquire the biotechnology company.
* Celyad SA said Patrick Jeanmart is stepping down as the CFO of the company. Jeanmart will be succeeded by Filippo Petti, effective Sept. 3. Petti is the vice president of healthcare investment banking at Wells Fargo Securities.
* CareDx Inc. said Mitchell Nelles is retiring as the COO of the company Sept. 28.
* Neuralstem Inc. appointed Jim Scully as interim CEO. Scully will assume the position effective Aug. 6 and is replacing Rich Daly, who has served as the company's president and CEO since February 2016.
* Alpine Immune Sciences Inc. appointed Mark Litton as president and COO, effective Aug. 6.
* Eloxx Pharmaceuticals Inc. said Pedro Huertas will resign as its chief medical officer. Eloxx COO Greg Williams will oversee the chief medical officer's duties on an interim basis.
* EyePoint Pharmaceuticals Inc. named David Price CFO.
* Zafgen Inc. said Thomas Hughes will step down as president, chief scientific officer and director to become CEO of a privately held biotechnology company.
* Cellectis SA appointed Stefan Scherer as senior vice president of clinical development and deputy chief medical officer.
* Omeros Corp. named Eckhard Leifke as the company's chief medical officer and vice president of clinical development. Leifke will assume the role from Steven Whitaker.
* Oncobiologics Inc. appointed Lawrence Kenyon as president and CEO. Kenyon is also CFO and corporate secretary for the company and will continue with his CFO duties until a replacement is found.