* On the earnings front, Morgan Stanley, M&T BankCorp., Northern Trust Corp. and Signature Bank are among the companiesreporting quarterly results today.
* Average loans and leases at U.S. commercial bankscontinued to climb in June, increasing by $46.6 billion to $8.907 trillion, according to theFederal Reserve's July 15 H.8 report.
* Wells Fargo & Co. plans to test a in early2017, OnWallStreet reports, citingDevon McConnell, head of digital for Wells Fargo Advisors.
* Hanmi Financial Corp. executives highlightedthe company's loangrowth during its second-quarter earnings call. The LosAngeles-based company reported new loan production of $265.2 million for thesecond quarter, up 27.5% year over year, compared to $208.1 million for thesecond quarter of 2015.
* Santa Rosa, Calif.-based Luther Burbank Corp. seeksto convert into abank holding company from a unitary thrift holding company, the North Bay Business Journal reports.
* AssuredPartners Inc. has Centennial Surety AssociatesInc., a Millersville, Md.-based agency that focuses on construction suretybonding.
* Hilb Group LLC has Carrier Insurance Agency Inc.,a Florida-based personal lines and business insurance company.
* Laurion Capital Management LP closedits Laurion Capital Global Markets Fund after a 4.6% loss this year throughApril, a source told Reuters.
* Online lender CommonBond raised more than $300million in new capital and acquired Gradible, a personal finance platformthat provides users with recommendations on how to better manage and repaytheir student loans.
* William Kreienberg was named of Warsaw,N.Y.-based Five Star Bank, the Rochester(N.Y.) Business Journal reports.
* William Morrison, president of Chicago-basedNorthern Trust Corp., was elected to serve as of the company, effectiveOct. 1. Chairman and CEO Frederick Waddell will assume the additional role ofpresident.
* Emmanuel Roman will become of Pacific Investment Management Co.LLC as of Nov. 1.
* The board of Tokio Marine Holdings Inc. approved theappointment of Donald Sherman as an executive officer, effective Aug. 1.
TheDaily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external linksmay require a subscription.