S&P Global Market Intelligence provides a wrap-up of Asia-Pacific media and communications deal announcements, completions and updates from Oct. 1. to Oct. 14.
* Japan's SoftBank Group Corp. is in talks to acquire a majority stake in New York-based co-working giant WeWork Cos., The Wall Street Journal reported Oct. 9, citing unnamed sources. SoftBank's venture arm, SoftBank Vision Fund, which committed US$4.4 billion to WeWork in 2017, already owns close to 20% of the commercial office space startup.
* Chinese tech giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. is investing US$180 million to buy an undisclosed minority stake in Brazilian financial technology company Nubank, Reuters reported, citing statements from both companies. Of the amount, US$90 million will be paid via capital increase, while the other half will be used to buy partial stakes from the Brazilian startup's shareholders.
* U.S.-based private equity firm KKR & Co. made an unsolicited, nonbinding bid to acquire MYOB Group Ltd. for A$3.70 per share in cash after increasing its stake in the Australia-based accounting software company to 19.9%.
* Indonesian e-commerce platform KinerjaPay Corp. agreed to acquire digital payment company PT. Mitra Distribusi Utama, Deal Street Asia reported Oct. 5. The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
* Investors led by Tencent Holdings and KKR & Co. agreed to acquire a substantial minority stake in Philippine digital technology company Voyager Innovations Inc. for as much as US$175 million, according to an Oct. 4 news release.
* Dentsu Inc. agreed to acquire a 100% stake in U.K.-based business-to-business market research company B2B International Ltd. through its U.K. unit Dentsu Aegis UK Ltd., according to an Oct. 11 release. The terms of the deal were not provided.
* Reliance Industries Ltd. is in discussions to acquire Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd., a major cable operator in India, to accelerate the commercial launch of its GigaFiber home broadband service, The Economic Times (India) reported Oct. 3, citing people with knowledge of the talks.
* Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd. agreed on Oct. 2, to acquire a 69% stake in Branded Ltd., an entertainment marketing company based in Hong Kong.
* Australian telecom software and services provider MNF Group Ltd. entered into an agreement to acquire the wholesale and enablement business from Inabox Group Ltd. for a price between A$30.5 million and A$33.5 million in cash, according to an Oct. 8 release.
* South Korean telco SK Telecom Co. Ltd. is considering an acquisition of SK Group's security unit SK Infosec Co. Ltd., Asia Economy reported Oct. 4.
* Tata Communications Ltd. subsidiary Tata Communications (Netherlands) B.V. acquired Teleena Holding B.V., a Netherlands-based internet of things connectivity specialist and mobile virtual network enabler, according to an Oct. 3 filing.
* Bharti Airtel Ltd. is acquiring the core team of Bangalore-based AI startup AuthMe Id Services Pvt. Ltd., according to an Oct. 3 release. As part of the transaction, Airtel also acquired the intellectual property rights for AuthMe's flagship solutions Callup AI and Fintech OCR.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.