* The SEC has notified Emergent Capital that it does not intend to recommend enforcement action against the South Florida-based specialty lender after completing an extensive investigation.
* Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings has completed the novation of the workers' compensation, general liability, auto liability and auto property damages reinsurance policies issued by Georgia Atlantic Insurance between 2002 and 2016.
* The New York State Department of Financial Services issued updated proposed cybersecurity regulation — effective March 1, 2017 — to protect consumer data and financial systems from terrorist organizations and other criminal enterprises.
* In an interview with American Banker, retiring BankUnited CEO, John Kanas, said he may be part of a new project but "it won't be in banking." Earlier, Kanas told The Wall Street Journal he has had "informal conversations" with President-elect Donald Trump's transition team, but nothing about a specific position.
* And S&P Global Market Intelligence picked some of the insurance world's most influential names of 2016. Here's the list.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.