Find insightful analysis of breaking economic, political and financial developments, including implications of key US economic data releases. Set email alerts to receive specific data releases of interest to you.
- Financial conditions
- Consumer markets
- Housing markets
- International trade
- Business investment and production
- Fiscal policy
Weekly economic commentary
Receive a comprehensive guide to understanding the previous week’s data and understand how the coming week’s data might affect the forecast and markets.
Explore popular topics:
- Summaries of high frequency data releases and updates that indicate how the economy could evolve over the short-mid term
- Reviews of short-term changes that will influence the business environment
- Examination of the overall economic direction, with historical and forecast data for key US economic indicators
- Alternative scenarios that examine risks – upside and downside
- Summaries and analysis for the outlook by sector, including key drivers and issues to watch
- Short-term interest rate forecasts, with high/low scenarios and a credit review
US GDP Tracking
Our award-winning US GDP tracking is a real-time forecast of real GDP growth in the current quarter and is updated following nearly every major data release. At the core of our tracker is a small-scale reproduction of the process by which BEA translates monthly government statistics into official estimates of GDP. In addition, to expert judgment developed over the last two decades, we employ a suite of proprietary time-series econometric models to guide our assumptions for values of the source data prior to their publication. As the source data are reported, we replace our assumptions with these data and update our GDP tracking.
Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) coverage
Receive timely summaries detailing our view of the underlying motivations behind the current stance of Federal Reserve policy, the forces shaping decisions, plus our expectations for prospective Fed policy – following each of the eight FOMC meetings.
US Monthly GDP (MGDP) Index
Gain an analytically rigorous understanding of how each release will change the official GDP estimate – far ahead of the government release. We use our US Macro forecasting econometric model, newly released data and revisions, economic judgment, and methods designed to mimic the Bureau of Economic Analysis' data-generation process.
Alternative US and Global Scenarios
Examine scenarios that allow you or your clients to explore the effects of different potential policy outcomes or focus on different assumptions about key data, such as housing or the path of oil prices.
Short- and long-term US economic growth projections
Find forecasts that you can trust and justify to senior management. Identify risks to prepare strategic plans for a range of alternative outcomes. Size markets and set sales, revenue and growth targets using accurate benchmarks.
Short-, mid-, and long-term updated forecasts for 2,000+ concepts with access to forecast database.
- GDP expenditure, volume and price components
- Detailed consumer spending and prices
- Detailed personal income
- Business investment (equipment, software, structures) by sector
- Inventory accumulation by sector
- Housing and construction
- Government spending (federal, state, and local)
- Exports and imports
- Prices and wages
- Financial market indicators
- Energy prices, production and usage
- Industrial production by sector
- Balance of payments by major category, international investment position
- Employment by sector
- GDP, GNP, national income and its distribution
- Corporate profits
- Household wealth, debt and financial obligations
- Federal, state and local budget balances
- Motor vehicle sales
- Productivity and labor costs
Click here to enlarge
Forecast to 2023 Q1 for major GDP components
Click here to enlarge
US consumer spending forecast to 2023 Q1
Financial Sector-Focused Forecast
Get impartial advice on future financial conditions with the near-term outlook for the economic concepts tracked by financial institutions or chief financial officers.
Financial Sector-Focused Forecast Coverage
- Federal Reserve policy
- Economic and inflation trends
- Equity and credit markets
- Deposit institutions
- Treasury yield curves
- Money, capital markets, mortgage and consumer rates
- Cost of funds
- Household, business and government balance sheets
Click here to enlarge
Financial sector-focused forecast samples
US Macro Model
Underpinning each of our forecasts, the US Macro Model is a large-scale, structural econometric model that is grounded in mainstream economic theory – estimated by modern econometric techniques that afford users considerable flexibility.
Maximize your subscription content with Connect – our state-of-the-art business intelligence platform
- Real-time reporting: Read updated analysis and commentary as data releases and events warrant
- Email alerts: Set up notifications for updates to categories of interest
- Rapid data retrieval: Access analysis and data in a single search or via interactive maps
- Formatting/presentation tools: Format data by relevant indices and build customizable, presentation-ready graphs
- Flexible export: Export all forecast tables in multiple formats (Excel, PDF, PowerPoint)
- Automated content refreshes: Save searches and update content automatically
- Scenario analysis: Develop your own scenarios with user-friendly tools