This Tech in Banking webinar will focus on how banks can make a profit out of digitalization. Do nimble neo-banks with consumer-friendly tech have an advantage starting from scratch or does the sheer scale of traditional banks mean they can outspend their new competitors and win in the end? We will look at the different ways different kinds of banks have chosen to try to make money from digitalization, what banks have in common on this issue, and which are likely to be most successful.
During this webinar we will:
- Examine the effects of the pandemic in hastening the use of digital banking services for both neo and incumbent banks and how effectively banks were able to monetize this period.
- Look at whether the longer-term effects of the pandemic which has seen incumbent banks slash their property portfolio and axe bank branches still further, for instance, will benefit incumbent banks disproportionately in the future.
- Discuss whether neo-banks' success in acquiring customers has been matched by their success in acquiring and monetizing their customers' primary account services.
- Examine the sheer financial firepower that the likes of Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan can bring to ensure their digital banking operations, Marcus and Chase, become profitable.
- Discuss those technological trends which S&P Global Market Intelligence's proprietary research indicates will be most effective in benefiting banks' bottom line in 2022/23.