Comprehensive coverage and a quantitative methodology helps enable portfolio optimization and capital allocation towards companies with lower environmental impact.
A granular breakdown of the world economy into 464 activities allows our clients to actively screen for material risk factors.
Leadership and Engagement
Detailed corporate environmental profiles assist with strategic and targeted engagement to support risk awareness and resilience.
Scenario Analysis and Reporting
Multi-asset class analysis and forward-looking data supports TCFD* aligned and national mandatory environmental reporting.
Gold standard environmental data, insights, and tools for investment decision making.
Trucost data and analysis aids investment decision-making by addressing challenges of climate change, water use, waste disposal, and the over exploitation of natural resources.
Financial institutions use Trucost intelligence to understand their ESG exposure, inform resilience & identify transformative solutions for a more sustainable global economy.
Helping you align with TCFD recommendations
Set a baseline
- • Carbon Footprint-Using Weighted Average (TCFD recommended), Assets Under Management (AUM), Revenue, or Enterprise Value Method
- • Coal Exposure-% weight in portfolio attributed to companies which exceed client-determined revenue thresholds for coal power and mining and % revenues derived from thermal and metallurgical coal mix
- • Energy Mix: Clean Energy vs. Fossil Fuels-% of total power generation by energy source (e.g., hydropower, natural gas, solar) or physical units of power generation
Add forward looking data
- • Stranded Assets Exposure-Metric tons embedded carbon in fossil fuel reserves (CO2/USD 1m invested)
- • Energy Generation-Forecast power generation per company by fuel type (GWh)
- • Autos-Current and future fleet emissions (metric tons CO2e per company)
- • Transition Momentum-Change in a company’s environmental impact and risk profile, based on evolution of green vs. brown revenues over time (% revenue)
Conduct scenario analysis
- • Carbon Earnings at Risk-% earnings at risk from future carbon pricing scenarios
- • 2 Degree Alignment Assessment-Portfolio variation from a 2 degree scenario
Report, engage and evaluate capital evaluation
Inform corporate engagement programs and strategic allocation decisions across investing, lending, and insurance underwriting
Flexible Delivery Options
It seamlessly integrates data into your database which allows easy linking to other S&P Data like Financials, Estimates, Ownership and others.
Secure FTP feed
Product differentiation factors that deliver results
Quantification of environmental and social damage costs enables investors to make integrated business decisions
Strategic and technical guidance
Provide advice on technical questions and strategic guidance on interpreting implications and use of data to support stated objectives
Estimation model and methodology for large-, mid- and small-cap companies with the ability to fill gaps where disclosure is missing
Multi-asset class analysis
Ability to assess assets across private & listed equity, corporate & sovereign fixed income, green bonds, infrastructure, real estate, and forestry