This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Apple Hospitality REIT Inc. tapped Executive Vice President and Chief Accounting officer Bryan Peery to become its new Executive Vice President and CFO, replacing Rachael Rothman, who resigned from the hotel REIT, effective Dec. 6.
* EastGroup Properties Inc. said C. Bruce Corkern is set to retire as senior vice president, chief accounting officer and secretary, effective as of business close May 29, 2020. Staci Tyler will succeed Corkern.
* Office landlord Cousins Properties Inc. said Executive Chairman Larry Gellerstedt and lead independent director Taylor Glover will retire from the board in April 2020. The company tapped board member Robert Chapman to become its nonexecutive chairman, effective after its annual shareholder meeting in April 2020.
* Timber REIT PotlatchDeltic Corp. board member Christoph Keller III does not plan to seek reelection at the company's 2020 annual meeting.
* Bruce Matson retired as a board member of Apple Hospitality REIT, effective Dec. 6.
* Altus Group Ltd.'s longtime director, Eric Slavens, is set to retire at the end of 2019.
* Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. appointed Julie Nestor as vice president of marketing & eCommerce in Asia Pacific. Most recently, Nestor was eBay Inc.'s chief marketing officer for Australia.