* For $88.5 million, SS&C Technologies Holdings acquired San Francisco-based Conifer Financial Services LLC, an independent asset services firm.
* A Global Bankers Insurance Group affiliate completed its acquisition of Bankers Life Insurance Co. from Bankers Financial Corp.
* OpenBondX, an alternative trading system, is planning to consolidate with Direct Match Holdings Inc., an electronic marketplace for U.S. Treasurys.
* LendingClub Corp. Chief Technology Officer John MacIlwaine plans to resign, effective Jan. 19, 2017.
* The U.S. Treasury Department's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network slapped a $500,000 civil money penalty against New York-based Bethex Federal Credit Union for violating anti-money laundering regulations. Bethex was liquidated in December 2015.
* A federal appeals court denied the National Association for Fixed Annuities' challenge to the U.S. Department of Labor's Conflict of Interest Rule.
* BlackRock Inc. will lead the next funding round of iCapital Network, a fintech platform focused on democratizing access to alternative investments for high-net-worth investors and their financial advisers.
* Citigroup has invested in Cobalt DL, an FX post-trade processing network based on distributed ledger technology. Cobalt DL will next year launch a private peer-to-peer network that aims to cut post-trade costs by up to 80%.
* And Natixis Global Asset Management plans to launch a series of target-date mutual funds that follow a sustainable investment strategy and are the first of their kind, the company said.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.