trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/voolPxjg1BjsxqfYPEAlug2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Mylan to pay $322M fee if merger with Pfizer's Upjohn unit is terminated

COVID-19 Pandemic Likely To Cause US Telemedicine Boom

Gauging Supply Chain Risk In Volatile Times

S&P Global Market Intelligence

Cannabis: Hashing Out a Budding Industry


IFRS 9 Impairment How It Impacts Your Corporation And How We Can Help

Mylan to pay $322M fee if merger with Pfizer's Upjohn unit is terminated

Mylan NV would have to pay a $322 million termination fee if its combination with Pfizer Inc.'s Upjohn Inc. unit falls apart under certain conditions.

In case the deal is terminated due to Mylan not being able to obtain approval from its shareholders, the company will reimburse Pfizer for up to $96 million of expenses incurred by the latter in relation to the transaction. This payment will be credited against any termination fee Mylan pays Pfizer.

Meanwhile, if the transaction is terminated, Pfizer is not required to pay Mylan any fee.

In late July, New York-based Pfizer agreed to a combination of its generics and off-patent drugs unit Upjohn with Canonsburg, Pa.-based Mylan to form a new pharmaceutical company called Viatris. The merger, expected to close in the middle of 2020, will create a company estimated to have sales of nearly $20 billion that same year.

Under the all-stock deal, Pfizer shareholders would have a 57% stake in the combined company, while Mylan stockholders would own the remaining 43%.

Viatris will house brands such as erectile dysfunction drug Viagra, cholesterol-lowering therapy Lipitor and the life-saving EpiPen autoinjector for treating severe allergic reactions, as well as several generic HIV medicines.