trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/pjn0msg9bbptknrqkrd2ba2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Ecopetrol confirms oil in the Valle Medio del Magdalena basin

Blog

Gold - Geopolitical tensions and inflation remain key drivers

Blog

Lithium and Cobalt - Softer demand weighs on prices

Blog

Insight Weekly: Ukraine war impact on mining; US bank growth slowdown; cloud computing headwinds

Blog

Insight Weekly: Cryptocurrency's growth; green bond market outlook; coal investors' windfall


Ecopetrol confirms oil in the Valle Medio del Magdalena basin

The presence of oil was detected at Ecopetrol SA's Búfalo-1 well in the Valle Medio del Magdalena Basin near the town of Guaduas, Department of Cundinamarca, according to a July 5 news release.

The finding recorded at a depth of 1,153 meters, showed the presence of dry gas and light crudes in the Grupo Honda. This is the first discovery in the VMM32 exploration contract.

Ecopetrol operates and owns 51% interest in the Búfalo-1 well, while partner CPVEN E&P Corp. holds the remaining 49% interest.