This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* National Storage Affiliates Trust tapped President Tamara Fischer to also become CEO of the self-storage real estate investment trust, replacing founder Arlen Nordhagen, who is transitioning to executive chairman from chairman. The company also appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer Brandon Togashi as executive vice president and CFO. Fischer will also join the company's board as a trustee.
* STORE Capital Corp. said Michael Bennett's employment as executive vice president, general counsel, chief compliance officer and secretary ended, effective May 24, for health-related reasons and would be treated as a termination without cause under his employment agreement.
* Homebuilder Cavco Industries Inc. increased the number of directors on its board to seven with the addition of Julia Sze as an independent director, effective May 29.
* Mack-Cali Realty Corp. said it plans to offer board seats to MaryAnne Gilmartin and Frederic Cumenal, who were among the four nominees of shareholder Bow Street Special Opportunities XV LP.
* Hyatt Hotels Corp. named former CEO of Two Roads Hospitality Asia, Frederic Flageat-Simon, as the global head of lifestyle operations, and appointed Heather Geisler as vice president of global brands.
* Richard Riney decided to step down as executive vice president and general counsel of healthcare REIT Ventas Inc.
* Industrial REIT Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corp. promoted Allison Viscardi to vice president of property management from senior property manager.