This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. Executive Vice President and CFO Michael Bluhm is leaving the company to return to Morgan Stanley as managing director and global head of lodging. The lodging REIT's senior vice president and corporate controller, Brian Macnamara, will become principal financial officer, effective Jan. 1, 2020, until the company appoints a new executive vice president and CFO.
* Hudson Pacific Properties Inc. said Chief Accounting Officer Harout Diramerian was promoted to CFO, while Mark Lammas was elevated to president from CFO and COO while keeping his role as treasurer. Chief Investment Officer Alex Vouvalides will add the COO title, effective Jan. 1, 2020.
* Hines Global Income Trust Inc. said Jeffrey Hines and Alfonso Munk will take over Sherri Schugart's roles of CEO and president, respectively. David Steinbach will transition his duties as Hines Global Income's chief investment officer, or CIO, into CIO of Americas and CIO of Europe, in conjunction with his election as a board member in September.
* Cousins Properties Inc. said John Harris Jr. will retire as senior vice president and chief accounting officer, effective March 2020. The office landlord added that Jeffrey Symes will join as senior vice president Feb. 3, 2020, and as chief accounting officer, effective March 2020.
* Playa Hotels & Resorts NV COO Alexander Stadlin will transition to an adviser to the company's CEO, effective Dec. 31, 2020.
* Iron Mountain Inc. executive Fidelma Russo will join SBA Communications Corp.'s board as an independent director, effective Jan. 1, 2020.
* Jernigan Capital, which aims to transform into an equity REIT, said founder and Executive Chairman Dean Jernigan is set to retire as a director, effective Dec. 31, with CEO John Good to become chairman.