S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Europe, Middle East and Africa real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* Cushman & Wakefield PLC appointed Angus Currie as an international partner in its London occupier representation team. He will join the real estate services provider in the spring of 2019 from JLL, where he served as the head of South East England tenant representation.
* Harworth Group PLC appointed David Cockroft regional director for the Midlands Jan. 7. Steven Knowles was appointed regional director for the North West and Peter Henry was promoted to regional director of Central, its largest region. Knowles, who worked at St. Modwen Properties PLC for 14 years, joined the real estate developer in September 2018, while Henry previously served as the director of development at Harworth.
* Secure Property Development & Investment PLC cut down the size of its board and placed the outgoing directors on a newly formed advisory council, which will advise the company as it completes the sale of its non-Greek properties and restructures as a real estate company focused on southeastern Europe.
Former directors Paul Ensor, Vago Barseghyan, Franz Hörhager, Kalypso Nomikou and Alvaro Portela will take a seat on the advisory council, along with Secure Property's investment-banking adviser Emmanuel Blouin. Former director Colin Chapin's tenure ended at the company's most recent annual general meeting.
* SunVesta Inc. appointed Gabriel Margent and Alex Rosenzweig independent directors and added them to a special committee of independent directors that it established to evaluate potential strategic alternatives. Margent and Rosenzweig filled the vacancies created by the resignations of two previous directors.
* Castellum AB positioned Stefan Bergström as acting managing director for Castellum Region Stockholm-North on Jan. 8, until a permanent appointment is made. Bergström also became a part of the company's executive management group.
* Anu Tuomola will step down as Citycon Oyj's general counsel and member of the corporate management committee in March 2019.
* Demire Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG terminated Ralf Kind's tenure at its executive board with effect from Jan. 3. He previously held the posts of CEO and CFO at the company. Following the termination, Chairman Ingo Hartlief took on Kind's membership responsibilities on an interim basis and became the sole executive board member of the company.
* Growthpoint Properties Ltd. Company Secretary R A Krabbenhöft retired from the role Dec. 31, 2018. Deputy Company Secretary Margi Pinto will take over the post until the board's next meeting scheduled March 12.