trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/MGPW-CEvLCJIrU55mH8ILA2 content esgSubNav
In This List

IDB grants $60M loan to Panama's Global Bank

Blog

Insight Weekly: Unease roils markets; US likely to slip into recession; firms' cash ratios fall

Blog

Insight Weekly: Bank boards lag on gender parity; future of office in doubt; US LNG exports leap

Blog

Insight Weekly: Job growth faces hurdles; shale firms sit on cash pile; Africa's lithium future

Podcast

Street Talk | Episode 99 - Higher rates punish bond portfolios, weigh on bank M&A


IDB grants $60M loan to Panama's Global Bank

IDB Invest, the Inter-American Development Bank's private-sector arm, granted a $60 million loan to Panama's Global Bank Corp. to help finance small- and medium-sized enterprises and to support women linked to the retail business in the country.

SMEs will receive 70% of the funds, while the remaining 30% will go to female retailers in the country, IDB Invest said in a statement.

The project includes financial products to start and expand nonfinancial businesses through training and tutoring.