S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns are published Tuesday and Thursday.
* Helen Gordon, Grainger Plc CEO since January 2016, will join Derwent London Plc's board as an independent nonexecutive director Jan. 1, 2018.
* Redefine International Plc brought in Liz Peace as independent nonexecutive director Nov. 21. Peace is an RPS Group Plc board member and chairman of Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corp.
* The transition of Shantha de Silva to the role of InterContinental Hotels Group Plc's senior director new hotels - Australasia and Japan, will pave the way for Vivek Bhalla to assume Silva's mantle as regional vice president of the South West Asia division Jan. 1, 2018.
Bhalla, last InterContinental's director of operations South East Asia and Korea, will be positioned in Gurgaon, India and report to COO, India, Middle East and Africa Pascal Gauvin.
* Eva Gottfridsdotter-Nilsson, appointee of JM AB shareholder Länsförsäkringar Fondförvaltning AB, exited the board's nomination committee. Gottfridsdotter-Nilsson is succeeded by Carina Lundberg Markow, appointee of Folksam, which also replaced Länsförsäkringar Fondförvaltning AB as one of the four largest JM shareholders following a drop in the latter's shareholding in the company since July 31.
* The board of directors of Emaar Properties PJSC's unit Emaar Development PJSC designated Mohamed Ali Alabbar as its chairman and Jamal Bin Theniyah as its vice chairman.
* Growthpoint Properties Ltd. will position CEO Norbert Sasse as group CEO and Managing Director Estienne de Klerk as CEO of Growthpoint South Africa from March 1, 2018.
The company also announced the retirement of Nonexecutive Director Hugh Herman, effective Nov. 14, as well as the addition of Zukie Siyotula, who will hold equivalent stature from Jan. 1, 2018.
* Guy Van Wymersch-Moons relinquished his membership from the board of Befimmo SA. The board will seek a replacement "as soon as possible."
* DEMIRE Deutsche Mittelstand Real Estate AG CFO Ralf Kind will replace Markus Drews as CEO, following the latter's resignation from the role and as speaker of the executive board Dec. 31. Kind will take on Drews' board responsibilities, especially the ones related to transactions.
* Prelios SpA named Mirja Cartia d'Asero to be its independent director and member of the internal control, risk and corporate governance committee. Anna Maria Artoni was appointed as the said committee's interim chairperson as well as an interim lead independent director.
Additionally, the company's board selected Sergio Beretta to serve as interim chairperson of the supervisory board.