latest-news-headlines Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/latest-news-headlines/clearway-acquires-nrg-s-stake-in-290-mw-solar-project-in-arizona-62473314 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Clearway acquires NRG's stake in 290-MW solar project in Arizona

Blog

Message in a (Word)Cloud

Six trends shaping the industries and sectors we cover in 2021

Six trends shaping the industries and sectors we cover in 2021

Blog

Essential Energy Insights - January 2021


Clearway acquires NRG's stake in 290-MW solar project in Arizona

Clearway Energy Inc. on Feb. 3, through its subsidiary Clearway AC Solar Holdings LLC, completed the acquisition of NRG Energy Inc. subsidiary NRG Solar's stake in the 290-MW Agua Caliente Solar farm in Yuma County, Ariz.

The NRG unit owned a 35% interest in the power plant. The deal, announced in November 2020, increased Clearway's total stake in the plant to 51%, according to a Feb. 3 Form 8-K. Berkshire Hathaway Energy owns the remaining 49% interest, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence data.

The output of the solar plant, which has been operating since 2012, is secured under a power purchase agreement with PG&E Corp. subsidiary Pacific Gas and Electric Co. to 2039.