TOP NEWS IN PRIVATE EQUITY
* Ardian acquired a 100% stake in Icelandic integrated telecommunications network Míla Ehf. from Síminn hf.
* Pamlico Capital Management LP made a strategic growth investment in Chicago-based IT decision-making platform Avant Communications Inc.
➤ UPDATE: Altus Midstream to merge with EagleClaw parent to form $9B company
The combined company would offer residue gas, NGLs, crude oil and water midstream services, with a natural gas processing capacity of about 2 Bcf/d located near the Waha Hub in West Texas.
➤ Payments to continue to drive finance M&A in Asia-Pacific
In the quarter ended Sept. 30, the financial industry in Asia-Pacific saw $60.84 billion worth of M&A transactions, a significant increase from just $25.25 billion in the entire first half of the year, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Platinum Equity LLC acquired environmental service provider Urbaser Ltd from China Tianying Inc. for approximately $4.2 billion.
* Funds managed by Ares Management Corp. made a strategic investment in aesthetic dermatology company LaserAway LLC.
* Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC agreed to acquire Civco Radiotherapy from Roper Technologies Inc. Civco is a provider of radiotherapy patient positioning and immobilization equipment.
* Advent International Corp. may buy a stake in Ligue de Football Professionnel's new media rights company, which is searching for a financial partner, Bloomberg News reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Providence Equity Partners LLC made a strategic investment in San Francisco-based Seesaw Learning Inc., a software-as-a-service-based classroom technology platform with a focus on elementary grade levels.
* Indian education technology startup Teachmint Technologies Pvt Ltd. amassed $78 million in a series B financing round co-led by Rocketship.vc LLC and Vulcan Capital, TechCrunch reported. Goodwater Capital LLC and Epiq Capital also participated in the round, according to the report.
* New York-based biotechnology company Click Therapeutics, Inc. raised $52 million in an upsized series B funding round co-led by H.I.G. Biohealth and Accelmed Partners' Accelmed Partners II. Health Catalyst Capital Management LLC and Revelation Partners LLC, among other investors, also participated in the round.
* French biotechnology company Egle Therapeutics SAS collected €40 million in a series A financing round co-led by Life Sciences Partners BV and Bpifrance Investissement SAS through their Fund+ NV and InnoBio 2 FCPI funds, respectively, according to FinSMEs. Bioqube Ventures NV and Takeda Ventures Inc. also participated in the round, the report said.
* Brazil-based Justos Consultoria e Servicos em Seguros Ltda. raised $35.8 million in a series A funding round led by Ribbit Management Co. LLC, TechCrunch reported. Kaszek Management SA and SoftBank's Latin American Fund also took part in the round, the report added.
* Citcon USA LLC secured $30 million in a series C financing round led by NVP Associates LLC and Cota Capital Management LLC. Sierra Ventures Management LLC and Sonae Investment Management - Software & Technology SGPS SA also took part in the round.
The Daily Dose is updated as of 8 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.