For almost 10 years, SNL Financial LC, now S&P Global Market Intelligence, hosted the Bank M&A Symposium, convening industry leading advisors, commercial bank executives and investors to dissect the M&A landscape. Following a period of respite, M&A activity, like the U.S. economy, is rebounding.
Major credit issues are in the industry's rear-view mirror, but loan demand remains sluggish, pushing more banks to consider mergers and acquisitions to drive earnings and scale. Most importantly, in the post-pandemic, technology-accelerating world, banks are looking to M&A to compete with FinTech and improve their digital capabilities. The reasons to merge are as great as they’ve ever been.
Join us for discussion on the changing drivers and considerations for successful mergers and acquisitions in the industry post-pandemic, featuring leading Bank M&A advisors who have been active dealmakers in the last few years.
Part 1: State of the Industry – Advisor Roundtable
- Merging to gain scale to drive efficiency and invest in technology
- A look at recent valuations and deal metrics and how this can inform banks’ M&A strategy
- Recent tie-ups between Banks and Financial Technology companies – one-offs or a trend?
- How excess liquidity may drive M&A going forward
- Regulatory and policy considerations – the impact the Biden Administration may have on the banking industry and M&A
- Considering acquisitions of fee-based businesses in the absence of loan demand
- A look at recent cross-country deals – has COVID-19 made out-of-market transactions more attainable and viewed more favorably by the investment community?
Part 2: Analysis to Optimize M&A Strategy & Execution
During this webinar, S&P product specialist HD Jacobs will review tools from Market Intelligence that can help you drive deal flow. HD will do a deep dive on how you can use S&P Global Market Intelligence data to locate targets, gather comps, conduct valuations, monitor markets, and analyze the success of a potential acquisition using our proprietary Merger Model.