European bank M&A activity in 2021 is on track to outstrip both 2019 and 2020 levels, with domestic transactions making up the lion’s share of deals. However, market dynamics are changing rapidly as banks come under increasing pressure to consolidate and new players emerge.
Join our panel of experts as they delve into what you can expect from European bank M&A activity in 2022 and beyond. This session will cover:
- Current European banking M&A activity levels and the key drivers of activity
- The impact of rising rates on valuations
- The emergence of fintechs and non-bank players as both targets and acquirers
- Regulatory attitudes towards M&A and consolidation
- SPACs and the challenger banks: is the European banking industry overcrowded?
- Expectations for M&A activity in 2022 and beyond
This webinar is part of the Banking Essentials webinar series co-hosted by the European Banking Federation and S&P Global Market Intelligence.