trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/zbnrrfdpinwqrr7xwqdheg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Moody's assigns 1st-time rating to CPIC Allianz Health Insurance

Infrastructure Issues: Tools to Dig Deep on Potential Risks

Part Two IFRS 9 Blog Series: The Need to Upgrade Analytical Tools

2018 US Property Casualty Insurance Market Report


Fintech Funding Flows To Insurtech In February

Moody's assigns 1st-time rating to CPIC Allianz Health Insurance

Moody's assigned a first-time rating to China-based CPIC Allianz Health Insurance Co. Ltd.

The rating agency said in a March 26 report that it gave the company an insurance financial strength rating of A3, with a stable outlook.

The rating reflects the insurer's strong business and financial support from its two shareholders, China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co. Ltd. and Germany's Allianz SE. China Pacific Insurance owns a 77.05% stake in the insurer while Allianz holds the remaining 22.95% stake.

Moody's noted the company also enjoys good growth prospects in China's health insurance market because of the central government's policy-driven promotion of private health insurance.

The stable outlook on CPIC Allianz Health reflects the expectation it will continue to boost its business and maintain its solid capitalization. It also reflects the fact the insurer's shareholders will continue to offer support in terms of capital and distribution.

Given the insurer's limited track record, the possibility of a rating upgrade over the next 12 to 18 months is "remote," Moody's said. However, the company's stand-alone credit profile can be raised if it establishes franchise and business scale, materially improves its underwriting performance and shows consistent profitability.

The rating could be lowered if support from both shareholders weakens or if the company fails to establish business scale. A larger-than-expected operating loss and a consistent fall in its solvency margin ratio could also lead to a downgraded rating.