The 10 most read realestate articles for the week ending Sept. 30.
North American RealEstate
1. Report:Monogram Residential weighing company sale: The deal negotiations arein early stages and may not result in a transaction, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing an unnamed source.
2. New homesales dip 7.6% month over month in August: Single-family home salesincreased 20.6% from the August 2015 estimate.
3. Litt callsfor dividend cut at Investors Real Estate Trust: The company'sstock is roughly 30% above fair value, Jonathan Litt, founder of , said in a news release, outlining a "pessimistic"outlook on the company.
4. Independence Realty launches underwritten public offering of 25Mshares: The net proceeds will be used to fund the company'smanagement internalization, among other things.
5. MedicalProperties Trust to acquire 9 hospitals in $1.25B deals: Thetransactions include a $50 million investment in the hospitals' operator,Steward Health Care System, which is owned by its management team and CerberusCapital Management.
1. Report:Blackstone readies draft prospectus for India's first REIT: The Business Standard of India reportedthat Blackstone GroupLP and a partner are looking to raise US$600 million for the REIT.
2. PT LippoKarawaci to list real estate investment fund in Indonesia: Thecompany applied to establish the Indonesian real estate investment fund thatwill own a portfolio of four office properties and a distribution facility, The (Singapore) Business Times reported.
3. Indianhomebuilder mulls IPO: Affordable-housing developer VBHC ValueHomes is considering a 2017 listing, India's Mint reported.
4. QIA dropsbid for 3 Sahara hotels in London, NYC: London's Financial Times reported that the Qatarisovereign wealth fund's withdrawal leaves one active remaining bid for theassets, while British billionaire brothers David and Simon Reuben are alsoconsidering a potential acquisition.
5. ResidentialREIT lists in Spain: Optimum Re Spain SOCIMI made its debut onMadrid's alternative market Sept. 28.