The 10 most read real estate articles for the week ending Dec. 23.
North America Real Estate
1. New York REIT picks Winthrop as new external adviser
The new adviser will oversee the REIT's liquidation process.
2. Icahn Enterprises selling American Railcar Leasing to Sumitomo Mitsui unit
Icahn Enterprises Icahn Enterprises agreed to sell its wholly owned subsidiary American Railcar Leasing to Sumitomo Mitsui's SMBC Rail Services.
3. Care Capital Properties to sell up to $250M of common stock under equity deal
Any net proceeds will go toward general corporate purposes, including acquisitions, investments and debt repayment.
4. The Daily Dose: Real estate investor tapped for Army post; Morguard nabs majority Temple stake
This edition also reports on Boston Properties' redevelopment partnership with George Washington University, Gramercy's reverse stock split and Boyd Gaming's completion of a $230 million Las Vegas acquisition.
5. The Daily Dose: Pfizer screens brokers for HQ sale; California warehouse rates expected to rise
This edition also features Liberty Property Trust's purchase of a five-acre industrial site in Chicago's O'Hare Airport metro area and a 61,383-square-foot lease in Manhattan.
1. Link REIT strikes HK$3.64B deals for sale of 5 Hong Kong properties
The total consideration is higher than the total appraised value of the properties by 29%, as of September.
2. Onex to acquire Parkdean Resorts for £1.35B
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
3. IMMOFINANZ extends timeframe for CA Immobilien merger
IMMOFINANZ said it revised the initial timetable for its planned merger with CA Immobilien due to more time required to divest its Russian property portfolio.
4. The Daily Dose Europe: Conwert shareholders OK Vonovia takeover; IMMOFINANZ delays CA Immo merger
This edition also features British Land's appointment of a nonexecutive director, SEGRO Plc's £20.5 million asset swap and a French REIT's €140 million share increase.
5. Norway's sovereign wealth fund buys central Paris property for €1B
The office and retail property spans 26,800 square meters.