In less than a decade, the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) has developed from a conceptual standard to a critical tool in helping to monitor global systemic risk. As pioneers of the registration agent role within the Global LEI System, CUSIP Global Services has been there every step of the way.
Please join us on September 14th as we review the history behind LEI, the most recent developments, and what lies ahead for this important addition to the suite of globally embraced financial standards.
Topics will include:
- Background and current status of the Global LEI System (GLEIS)
- The importance of registering and maintaining LEIs for issuers of securities
- Structure of the standard (ISO 17442)
- Regulatory drivers by jurisdiction
- Security-to-entity – linking LEI and ISIN
- Related enhancements to the CUSIP request process