Volatile markets, rising rates and lower valuations have put a damper on bank M&A activity in 2022. However, the need to achieve operating leverage and scale has not receded and banks should continuously evaluate how they can maximize stakeholder value. The call for new ways to become more efficient, build scale, expand product offerings, and keep pace with digital adoption remains at the forefront, and partnering with another institution can help banks achieve those goals more quickly. However, in the unprecedented economic environment we’re in, properly assessing risks associated with M&A, particularly if the U.S. economy moves into a recession, is essential.
Join us for a panel discussion on the current drivers and considerations for mergers and acquisitions in the banking industry and what to expect for 2023, featuring leading Bank M&A advisors who have been active dealmakers for many years and through many economic cycles.
During this webinar we will discuss:
- Recent valuations and deal metrics and how this can inform banks’ M&A strategy
- The state of the capital markets and the outlook for capital raising activities at US banks
- How the current interest rate environment and economic uncertainty is affecting deal-flow
- How to get deals done in today’s market and how to prepare to execute transactions if volatility continues
- The forecast for credit deterioration
- Regulatory and policy updates for the industry as a whole and for M&A
- The outlook for deal approval timelines and regulatory scrutiny on M&A going forward