LAY A FOUNDATION YOU CAN BUILD ON: For two decades, Analyst Training in the Banking Sector has been the go-to survey course for banking industry professionals. This course delivers high quality, relevant content to those pursuing a career at a bank or credit union, or as an analyst, adviser, or regulator in the industry.
EXPLORE ESSENTIAL ANALYTICS CONCEPTS IN THE BANKING SECTOR: This two-day program will provide the foundational knowledge you need to produce credible analyses of regulated depository institutions. You'll learn to evaluate a depository institution's performance relative to its peers, gain insight on the story behind the numbers through key ratio analysis and financial statement analysis, and much more.
LEARN FROM EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS: An independent faculty of veteran banking practitioners leads a mixed format program that includes educational lectures, presentations, class discussions, and case studies to gain hands-on training and diverse perspectives on the sector.
SKILLS YOU’LL RETURN TO THE OFFICE WITH:
- Nuanced understanding of key economic and competitive forces that drive the banking sector.
- Experience in analyzing depository institution balance sheets and income statements to identify key sources of opportunity and risk.
- Ability to identify and understand the sector's fundamental performance ratios.
- An understanding of loan portfolio evaluation, including impact on performance and spotting potential red flags.
- Strategies and tactics for accessing capital markets and capital management, as well as their strategic, performance, reputational, and other implications for financial institutions.
- Practical application of various equity and enterprise valuation methods
This event is available only as in-house training. To inquire about scheduling a training session for your team, contact Brian Hodges at Brian.Hodges@spglobal.com.