Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/QG2CXshvva
S&P Global Mobility updates light vehicle production forecast for June
Production revisions continue to reflect the dynamic environment impacting the auto industry. The March 2022 forecast update resulted in a rather significant production realignment due largely to the Russia/Ukraine conflict. Since then, our team at S&P Global Mobility has done some "fine tuning" with this month's forecast update, which includes some more meaningful adjustments than others as COVID lockdowns in China impact the domestic market as well as some surrounding markets, and ongoing semiconductor supply conditions remain challenging for most automakers globally.
As COVID lockdowns in China are lifting and the government looks to stimulate auto demand, the profile for that market shifts to one of nascent recovery while other surrounding markets still cope with lingering supply chain dislocations due to the lockdowns in the near-term.
On the semiconductor front, mixed signals are apparent with some automakers reporting an improved supply of chips while other players still struggle with consistent supply of critical components. We remain watchful for potential demand destruction caused by slower economic growth forecasts for 2024 and beyond. The S&P Global Mobility June 2022 forecast update reflects a near-term increase for Greater China due to COVID lockdowns expiring and demand stimulus taking effect. Conversely, lingering supply chain impacts from the lockdowns in China result in downward revisions for Japan/Korea and South Asia and supply chain pressures continue to impact the near-term outlook for Europe and North America.
This article was published by S&P Global Mobility and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
- Countdown to 2023: China and Norway Lead the World. But in Different Ways.
- Countdown to 2023: India Overtook Japan to become Third Largest Car Market in Q2 & Q3.