In our recent Fuel for Thought Newsletter & Podcast, S&P Global Mobility experts share insights into the emerging t… https://t.co/TJDIWhDBWe
Evolving Material Trends in Body-in-White Webinar
This webinar will highlight key outputs of IHS Markit's Body-in-White forecast, as well as sharing the structure of the forecast
Body-in-White represents the core structure of each car, typically accounting for anywhere between 20% to 45% of the vehicle's weight, depending on the architecture and segment. As such, this is the main target for automakers to achieve weight reductions, as it is usually the heaviest portion of the car.
IHS Markit provides a 12-year forecast with model + bodystyle level information on BIW component materials, manufacturing processes and estimated weight. The forecast provides a unique and powerful granularity of data, where users can assess how and when a material change will happen on specific Body-in-White components and the impact on weight due to this material change.
Attend to find out which material is forecasted to grow at an astonishing 53.00% CAGR over the forecast period with an even steeper localized growth period.
Speaker: Edwin Pope, Principal Analyst, Automotive Lightweighting, IHS Markit
This webinar is complimentary.
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging?
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj
Tesla is the dominant EV sales leader, but they are shedding share as mainstream OEMs arrive. The challenge: Tesla’… https://t.co/GO7pjhUxjP