IHS clarifies autonomous vehicle sales forecast – Expects 21 million sales globally in the year 2035 and nearly 76 million sold globally through 2035
The latest forecast from IHS Automotive calls for sales of nearly 21 million autonomous vehicles in 2035. This is a substantial increase from previous estimates, and is influenced by recent research and development by automotive OEMs, supplier and technology companies who are investing in this area. The new forecast is also based on a wave of recent developments and investments in this sector of the market, as well as activity within various regulatory environments. Between now and 2035, IHS estimates that nearly 76 million vehicles with some level of autonomy will be sold globally.
For additional details, please read our press release.
Posted 9 June 2016
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
- Countdown to 2023: China and Norway Lead the World. But in Different Ways.
- Countdown to 2023: India Overtook Japan to become Third Largest Car Market in Q2 & Q3.
- Polk Audiences and the need for a new EV Taxonomy