In our recent Fuel for Thought Newsletter & Podcast, S&P Global Mobility experts share insights into the emerging t… https://t.co/TJDIWhDBWe
Compliance status and strategy for EU vehicle manufacturing pools
IHS Markit's newest whitepaper on EU vehicle compliance clarifies how the European CO2 emission legislation applies to passenger vehicles in 2020 and evaluates what legislative facilities are available to assist manufacturers to define their CO2 status. The resulting gaps-to-targets and how much penalty these gaps entail are then assessed using IHS Markit's compliance forecasts. The characteristics of the vehicles making up the fleets that define these gaps are also discussed. The influence of actual sales trends on the compliance statuses is also reviewed and compared with the forecast, which describes how short-term market forces affect the compliance statuses month to month as 2020 closes out.
While the forecast analysis shows not every manufacturer will meet their target by the end of 2020, additional steps that improve the CO2 effectiveness of their fleet and close the compliance gaps before then are suggested.
The whitepaper dives deeply into four of the eleven pools and illustrates the effect ZLEVs have in improving fleet CO2-effectivess.
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging?
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj
Tesla is the dominant EV sales leader, but they are shedding share as mainstream OEMs arrive. The challenge: Tesla’… https://t.co/GO7pjhUxjP