Among the three-volume leaders in the mainstream part of the new vehicle industry - Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota, th… https://t.co/BBGUfdUjEM
Brazil launches local roadmap for EVs with German government
The Brazilian and German governments have launched a report, 'Technological roadmap for light electric vehicles in Brazil'. The report acts as a roadmap to evaluate the future of the development of light electric vehicles (EVs) in Brazil, according to media reports. The study has been carried out by Promob-e, a technical co-operation project. Promob-e aims to assist the Brazilian government to formulate public policies to help the adoption of more efficient propulsion systems. To gauge the possibilities of Brazilian participation in the production of components of light EVs, the report identifies the barriers and opportunities for technology that Brazil will face in the future at 5, 10, and 15 years.
Significance: Brazil's upper house is also considering banning the sale of internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles from 2060. Brazil has been at the forefront of developing norms in order to get more EVs on the road than ICE vehicles. In June 2019, the Brazilian government announced a decision to exempt hybrid and electric vehicles from the Imposto Sobre Produtos Industrializados (IPI) tax, which is applied to industrial products that are produced in Brazil or imported.
This article was published by S&P Global Mobility and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Toyota Excels in US Retail New Vehicle Industry
- India/Pakistan Sales and Production Commentary-Nov 2022
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging?
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/tahfKwR2N0
Register Now to meet S&P Global Mobility's Ian McIlravey at the EV Charging Infrastructure USA 2023 Exhibition and… https://t.co/DuJBbF8uMP