Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj
An Automotive Minute: Electric Vehicles in the Biden Adminstration
An Automotive Minute from IHS Markit with Devin Lindsay
Many assume Democratic President Elect Joe Biden will be much more electric vehicle friendly, and that he may finally usher in the wave of electric vehicles anticipated since his years as vice president. But will this likely be the case?
The administration desires to build 500,000 EV charging stations. This would certainly make charging availability much more visible to the public, but how many is too many for the number of electric vehicles expected to be on the road? Most EV owners charge at home, and while more chargers make everyone feel more assured, EV charging must become faster to fit into American time schedules.
We should certainly expect more ambitious fuel economy standards for 2027 and beyond after the current CAFE regulations end and a reinstatement of California's zero emission vehicles mandate waiver which will all but guarantee a home for the new EV models being rolled out by automakers.
But while there are certainly no guarantees in the world of politics, the EV industry is perhaps in its best scenario ever: more electric models choose from and tougher environmental and fuel efficiency policies to lower greenhouse gases.
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
Tesla is the dominant EV sales leader, but they are shedding share as mainstream OEMs arrive. The challenge: Tesla’… https://t.co/GO7pjhUxjP
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/QG2CXshvva