Automotive Insights - Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q2 2021
- 1 out of every 20 new vehicles registered in Canada is Electric.
- Share of ZEV is 5.2% nationally which is an increase quarter over quarter.
- Battery electric vehicles (BEV) have grown nationally by 28% or +3,641 units q/q.
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) have grown nationally by 68% or +3,185 units in the same timeframe.
- British Columbia leads the way with adoption of electrification where Zero Emission Vehicles (ZEV) account for 10.6% of all new light vehicles.
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) share has grown by 1.5 percentage points.
National Enhanced fuel type trend
Total volumes of BEV/PHEV/HEV/FCEV (xEV) increased in the second quarter vs. the first quarter of 2021, with the penetration of xEV vehicles making up 12.0% of the overall market while traditional ICE vehicles' share decreased in the same timeframe. The second quarter of 2021 has seen consistent improvement in xEV's market share increasing 1.7% when compared to Q1 2021.Second quarter volumes overall increased 33% for industry, with PHEV (+68%) and HEV (+69%) leading across all powertrains, resulting in a 54% volume increase for xEV overall.
Download the full article and sign up to receive future installments
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
- Countdown to 2023: China and Norway Lead the World. But in Different Ways.
- Countdown to 2023: India Overtook Japan to become Third Largest Car Market in Q2 & Q3.
- Polk Audiences and the need for a new EV Taxonomy