Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj
Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series: The OEM Landscape - Focus on US
The COVID-19 pandemic impact on the auto industry is extensive, severe, and wide-ranging:
- Recovery in China is underway as sales continue to improve and dealer inventory declines. Government incentives including plate quota, NEV subsidy, and scrappage incentives help the industry regain momentum
- Europe's recovery has varied—Spain bottomed out in May, though France had an early rebound in June, and Germany followed in July. With economies re-opened and manufacturing restarting, the focus has shifted to financial conditions and consumer sentiment, with various automotive-focused stimulus packages starting in July.
- US recovery (the subject of this component of the COVID-19 Recovery Series) has been led by the Pickup segment—it has gained 5.5 percentage points of market share, a highly profitable segment dominated by domestic manufacturers.
The first installment of IHS Markit's new Automotive COVID-19 Recovery Series is now available. In our whitepaper, The OEM Landscape - Focus on US, we look at constrained and increasingly competitive market conditions, and lay out where are the greatest opportunities to maximize success are in the short-term.
This whitepaper is one of three whitepapers produced for our COVID-19 Recovery Series.
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
Tesla is the dominant EV sales leader, but they are shedding share as mainstream OEMs arrive. The challenge: Tesla’… https://t.co/GO7pjhUxjP
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/QG2CXshvva