How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging? Consumers were typically willing to pay the lowest price tie… https://t.co/0zus4V6yAw
An Automotive Minute with Michael Robinet: Supplier Strategy in the BEV Age
Scores of component suppliers are contemplating critical decisions with respect to the future of their organizations. GM's recent announcement of an aspirational goal of being battery electric only by 2035 has spurred several suppliers to soul search.
There are four primary choices for most suppliers given the looming structural shifts driven by electrification.
- Maintain course - Select suppliers may conclude their ecosystem and value equation does not change that much
- Double Down - though the industry is in the midst of significant secular shifts the internal combustion engine and a strong aftermarket tail will be around for several decades. Is there a play to buy up competition?
- Sell or partially consolidate - many suppliers may not be willing to risk their current value by shifting all or part of their organization to meet the brave new BEV future.
- Lastly - they can pivot. Shift to new capabilities relevant to the BEV world while still utilizing the organization's technology and process know how.
Whatever the choice, these decisions have long-term implications.
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging?
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
In our recent Fuel for Thought Newsletter & Podcast, S&P Global Mobility experts share insights into the emerging t… https://t.co/TJDIWhDBWe
Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj