Among the three-volume leaders in the mainstream part of the new vehicle industry - Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota, th… https://t.co/BBGUfdUjEM
An Automotive Minute - Tech Giants and the Auto Industry
The power of digital ecosystems are present in automotive today, largely through the connected lifestyle we enjoy outside the car. Today, Tech Giants like Apple, Amazon, Baidu, DiDi, Google, Tencent, and others provide a pass-through for accessing the messaging, media, and mapping content that each provide.
However, this is not the end for the Tech Giants.
These players are quickly investing to capture more of the mobility market by either becoming a vehicle manufacturer or by partnering with one for custom-built vehicles. These new vehicles will be electric, fully-connected 24-7, and have updatable autonomous driving solutions. IHS Markit forecasts a half a million of these pod-cars will be built in China alone by 2031.
But don't expect to be able to buy one of these pod-cars… they will almost certainly be reserved for ride-sharing, car-sharing, or logistics and fleet applications only.
- Toyota Excels in US Retail New Vehicle Industry
- India/Pakistan Sales and Production Commentary-Nov 2022
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging?
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/tahfKwR2N0
Register Now to meet S&P Global Mobility's Ian McIlravey at the EV Charging Infrastructure USA 2023 Exhibition and… https://t.co/DuJBbF8uMP