Among the three-volume leaders in the mainstream part of the new vehicle industry - Chevrolet, Ford, and Toyota, th… https://t.co/BBGUfdUjEM
Eleven companies publish guiding principles for self-driving vehicles
A coalition of 11 companies has published a 'white paper' called 'Safety First For Automated Driving' to act as a framework for the development, testing, and validation of safe autonomous vehicles (AVs). Aptiv, Audi, Baidu, BMW, Continental, Daimler, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Here Technologies, Infineon, and Volkswagen were involved in drafting the document, which comprises 146 pages. The framework document establishes 12 guiding principles on how to build, test, and operate a safe AV.
Significance: The member companies claim the coalition is the "broadest representation across the industry to date". It is imperative for companies to release such guidelines to help the industry to deploy safe self-driving vehicles. This need comes as an increasing number of start-ups are commercialising self-driving vehicles and IHS Markit forecasts that, in 2021, about 51,000 vehicles sold globally will be AVs. There are many companies which have released their AV safety reports, including Waymo, Ford, General Motors, NVIDIA, Apple, and startups Zoox and Nuro.
This article was published by S&P Global Mobility and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Toyota Excels in US Retail New Vehicle Industry
- India/Pakistan Sales and Production Commentary-Nov 2022
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- How much are consumers willing to pay for EV charging?
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/tahfKwR2N0
Register Now to meet S&P Global Mobility's Ian McIlravey at the EV Charging Infrastructure USA 2023 Exhibition and… https://t.co/DuJBbF8uMP