Ethnic share in the US light vehicle market reached a record 33% in September 2022. In other words, one of every th… https://t.co/10WcC7jVTj
Russian EV sales rise 145% y/y in 2019 to 353 units
The electric vehicle (EV) market in Russia rose 145% year on year (y/y) from 144 units in 2018 to 353 units in 2019, according to an Autostat report. The Jaguar I-Pace and Nissan Leaf were the equal best-selling pure battery electric vehicles (BEVs) in Russia with 131 units sold each. These models were followed by Tesla, which was represented by its three models with the Tesla X selling 46 units, Tesla 3 with 22 units and Tesla S with 13 units.
Significance: The Moscow region was by far the best-selling geographical market for pure BEVs in Russia with 140 units sold. However, despite the seemingly impressive bottom0line uplift in BEV sales in terms of percentage, overall sales are extremely small at less than 0.1% of the overall passenger car market share. Without serious investment in BEV charging infrastructure or purchase subsidies, this is unlikely to change any time soon.
This article was published by S&P Global Mobility and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- Fuel for Thought: Top 5 Global Automotive Aftermarket Trends
- New EV entries nibbling away at Tesla EV share
- Ethnic Share in US Light Vehicle Market Reaches a Record 33%
- S&P Global Mobility: November auto sales continue previous three-month trend
- When will the heartland embrace electric vehicles?
- Countdown to 2023: Sustained Passenger Vehicle Sales in October.
- Automotive Insights – Canadian EV Information and Analysis Q3 2022
- Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
RELATED INDUSTRIES & TOPICS
Tesla is the dominant EV sales leader, but they are shedding share as mainstream OEMs arrive. The challenge: Tesla’… https://t.co/GO7pjhUxjP
Be part of the Loyalty Industry Review session on December 13th, and get the latest loyalty results at the manufact… https://t.co/QG2CXshvva