Mexico City, April 16, 2019 -- S&P Dow Jones Indices (“S&P DJI”) announced today that it has launched a new family of factor-based indices through its existing partnership with the Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV). The new indices are available as of this month.
Single and multi-factor index strategies have generated increased attention globally and are designed for market participants who are seeking portfolio diversification tools based on a single or a combination of market factors or styles such as quality, momentum, enhanced value and risk. These types of indices are also beginning to gain traction in the Latin American market.
“We’re pleased to be able to offer these expanded suite of factor-based indices in Mexico. As a global index provider, our goal is to provide investors with a variety of index-based solutions. These indices are specifically designed for the Mexican market but can also be utilized as a way for asset managers or asset owners outside of Mexico to gain exposure to the country’s financial market,” said Silvia Kitchener, Director, Global Equity Indices for Latin America at S&P Dow Jones Indices.
S&P DJI has launched a total of eight factor indices that are co-branded with the BMV:
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Quality Index
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Short-Term Momentum Index
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Enhanced Value Index
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Quality Weighted Index
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Short-Term Momentum Weighted Index
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Enhanced Value Weighted Index
- S&P/BMV IPC CompMx Risk Weighted Index
- S&P/BMV IPC Risk Weighted Index
Additional information about these indices can be found on our website at https://us.spindices.com/.