Accepted for Professional Learning Credit
A complimentary webinar for investment professionals
The Fed raised its benchmark interest rate three-quarters of a percentage point, the biggest hike since 1994. Rising inflation makes equity investments less appealing to some and may encourage investors to seek out assets that have historically provided some hedge against inflation such as commodities, inflation-linked bonds, REITs, natural resource stocks and gold.
Join S&P DJI and industry leaders as we explore the current inflation landscape, recession risk and using index-based strategies to find silver linings and potential opportunities in the new rate environment.
Topics will include:
- What's driving the "hyperinflationary" environment and outlooks on interest rates and recession risk
- Strategies for weathering inflationary market conditions including dynamic, multi-asset index-based solutions
- The impact of rising interest rates on REITs and how REITs may help protect against inflation shocks
- Fiona Boal, Head of Commodities and Real Assets, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Louis Kuijs, Chief Economist, APAC, S&P Global Ratings
- Terrence Ling, Head of ETF Distribution, Samsung Asset Management
- Joanne Murphy, Managing Director – Asia Pacific, CAIA Association
- Kheng Siang Ng, Asia Pacific Head of Fixed Income and Head of Singapore, State Street Global Advisors