Accepted for FPA CPD credit
A complimentary webinar for financial advisors
In 2020, all eyes have turned to the health care sector as pharmaceutical and biotech companies race to develop safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines and treatments. Does heightened interest in this sector translate into an increased opportunity for investors?
Join Hamish Preston, Associate Director, U.S. Equity Indices at S&P Dow Jones Indices, Kanish Chugh, Head of Distribution at ETF Securities Australia and Thomas Heenan, Associate Financial Planner, Sydney at Accru, as they discuss the outlook for the health care sector globally, how investors can access the sector through index-based strategies, and how these strategies can be implemented in the Australian market.
Speakers will also explore questions including:
- Why does the biotechnology industry have a relatively low correlation to other industries and countries?
- What are the potential benefits of implementing an index-based sector strategy during times of market distress?
- How has the S&P Biotechnology Select Industry Index performed historically and what are its risk/return characteristics?
- Hamish Preston, Associate Director, U.S. Equity Indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Kanish Chugh, Head of Distribution at ETF Securities Australia
- Thomas Heenan, Associate Financial Planner, Sydney Accru
- Stuart Magrath, Senior Director, Head of Channel Management, S&P Dow Jones Indices