New York, Apr. 20 2021 — S&P Global Market Intelligence today introduced new enhancements to S&P Global Marketplace (Marketplace) that will further enable market participants to test, analyze and visualize its leading traditional and curated alternative data seamlessly and efficiently. Today’s launch includes the addition of more than 25 new and enhanced datasets from S&P Global, the introduction of S&P Global Marketplace Workbench, a collaborative analytics platform, the addition of a new machine learning solution from Kensho, along with numerous platform enhancements.
The new enhancements feature the launch of the S&P Global Marketplace Workbench (Workbench), which allows users to explore pre-built notebooks, and visualize and collaborate with colleagues in a modern and simple-to-use web-based environment.
“This release is the most significant since the debut of S&P Global Marketplace in 2020 and includes the addition of new data sources, expanded platform capabilities, and enhanced solutions to an already powerful roster,” explains Warren Breakstone, Chief Product Officer of Data Management Solutions at S&P Global Market Intelligence. “There has been a strong market response to Marketplace as our clients appreciate the ease of use and robust selection of content, research, delivery options, and technical solutions. With the addition of Workbench, clients will now benefit from a powerful collaborative environment to run their data analysis and explore vast datasets with languages and tools of choice.”
Developed in collaboration with Databricks, Workbench includes features that allow users to:
- Explore a library of pre-built notebooks to quickly understand and evaluate various Marketplace datasets;
- Perform exploratory data analysis with built-in visualizations and model development capabilities, all within a cloud-hosted environment without needing to transfer data;
- Collaborate seamlessly with colleagues with real-time co-authoring and commenting across multi-language supported notebooks (R, Python, SQL, Scala).
“With so much new data available for our clients to evaluate, Workbench enhances and streamlines the client data exploration experience” said Jay Bhankharia, Senior Director and Head of Platforms for S&P Global Marketplace at S&P Global Market Intelligence. “Workbench integrates the data, code, and workflow capabilities which further reduce any friction for our clients when analyzing and evaluating data from the S&P Global Marketplace.”
The latest Marketplace release also includes:
- Addition of 25 new datasets and solutions including insights from S&P Global’s CRISIL (India’s foremost provider of ratings and analytics), Coalition Greenwich and Trucost Paris Alignment datasets along with Global Machine Readable Filings, China Sentiment Analytics, MedMine Medical Device Transactions and Yewno Judicial Analytics.
- Launch of Kensho NERD (Named Entity Recognition and Disambiguation): Kensho NERD is a machine learning solution that identifies entities in textual data and links them to a corresponding S&P Global or Wikimedia ID, augmenting textual data by making new connections and enabling deeper insights. This is the third Kensho solution available on Marketplace, joining Kensho Link and Kensho Scribe.
- Introduction of the Query Library: The new Query Library is available for users to search a comprehensive catalogue of pre-built code queries designed to speed up the data retrieval process.
- Launch of Modernized Support Center: New search-driven support site allows clients to easily find documentation they need along with extensive release notes, data methodologies, predefined formulas and calculations to facilitate quick data adoption.
In September 2020, S&P Global Market Intelligence announced a collaboration with Snowflake to enable delivery through a cloud-hosted environment for its datasets. With this release, there are now over 55 S&P Global Marketplace datasets available via Snowflake.
To learn more please visit the S&P Global Marketplace.
# # #
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we understand the importance of accurate, deep and insightful information. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, perform valuations and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities around the world use this essential intelligence to make business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets, offering ESG solutions, deep data and insights on critical business factors. S&P Global has been providing essential intelligence that unlocks opportunity, fosters growth and accelerates progress for more than 160 years. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
Amanda Oey, S&P Global Market Intelligence
Subscribe to Press Releases