Financials and the energy provisions of the Inflation Reduction Act
We are at the biggest inflection point for the energy sector since the end of the Second World War. The design and timing of the energy provisions in the reconciliation bill passed by the US Senate over the weekend constitute far more than a grab bag of federal government giveaways.
The bill, which will almost certainly be signed into law by the end of this week, leverages market-led investment decisions in a uniquely American way, and at a uniquely American scale, capping two years of global commitments with a carefully constructed incentive structure designed to tip energy markets already in transition into a state of super-charged cleantech deployment.
On this webinar we will discuss:
- How the IRA fits into the broader energy investment context at this point in the transition
- How the tax credit provisions reshape the role of the sell side in deploying established and new cleantech
- The ways private equity can leverage the IRA to transform the power sector
- Where climate finance fits in a bill built around technology and industrial policy
- The timeline for different capital markets players
Watch On Demand Now!
Watch Nowrequired fields