Car-shoppers rejoice! Recovering production levels will bolster dealer stocks, while interest rate hikes and econom… https://t.co/PSEMy120wp
Countdown to 2023: Price hikes for electrified vehicles outpace combustion counterparts
MSRPs for electrified vehicles vs. non-electric vehicles, indexed and mean prices (volume-weighted).
As we countdown to 2023, we are sharing (near) daily information pieces, using data from Global Auto Demand Tracker. The other day we received a question from a vehicle manufacturer about the pace of price-increases for electrified vehicles vs. non-electrified vehicles. Data in Global Auto Demand Tracker enables answering that question: Since about 2021-Q4, prices for electrified vehicles significantly outpaced their internal combustion counterparts, largely owing to battery material prices.
Another question we wondered about was about prices for electrified vehicles which are on average about $15-20K higher than their internal combustion counterparts.
This article was published by S&P Global Mobility and not by S&P Global Ratings, which is a separately managed division of S&P Global.
- US Automotive Market Share Wars Will Resume in 2023
- Middle East & Africa Sales and Production Commentary- January 2023
- Tesla share of EV market declines; Domestics, Koreans and Europeans gain
- January 2023 US auto sales highlight mixed messaging
- The trouble with Nomads
- Americans appear ready for the European car-ordering model
- Pickup owners moving to SUVs (like everyone else)
- Yet Another Tesla Advantage
Register for our 2023 Automotive Loyalty Summit, where we will recognize the 2022 automotive loyalty award winners,… https://t.co/KLBRNzFrcb
In this month's Fuel for Thought podcast, we discuss what's shaping up in 2023 to be a story about demand considera… https://t.co/SeCTu4Wfud