Obtain the data you need to make the most informed decisions by accessing our extensive portfolio of information, analytics, and expertise. Sign in to the product or service center of your choice.Customer Logins
Autology: The battery market - On a cellular level
Following a series of developments in the battery industry in recent weeks, S&P Global deep dives into the impact and significance they are expected to have.
These include Nissan and Envision AESC’s plan to build the UK’s first gigafactory adjacent to the OEM’s Sunderland plant, where it will also manufacture a new electric vehicle. Our experts discuss the importance this has on the British automotive industry, as well as whether or not there is scope to then export the batteries to the European Union and beyond.
Stellantis was another carmaker that recently hit the headlines after hosting its own EV Day, where it signaled an introduction of solid state batteries from 2026. Our experts question whether this timeline will put it at the forefront of the technology’s use on a mass scale.
And finally, this week’s episode will also explore how the battery market will progress in the long term, including if current-day lithium-ion batteries have reached their maximum potential as alternative cell materials and compositions develop.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our email@example.com email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
SUBSCRIBE: Apple | Google | Soundcloud | Spotify | Stitcher
Speakers: Amit Panday, E-Mobility news correspondent at S&P Global and
Dr. Richard Kim, Battery expert at S&P Global
Recommended for you
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E5]: Auto Safety Systems - Calibration challenges and opportunities
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E4]: As the industry goes electric, expect a shakeout among internal-combustion suppliers
- Autology: Caught in the Act – Securing raw materials in the EU
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E3]: Navigating a Turbulent World: Energy, Climate, Mobility, and Security
- Autology: CERAWeek 2023
- Fuel for Thought [S5|E2]: The old way of selling cars won’t work anymore
- Autology: Keeping up with Tesla - A story of EE Architecture
- Autology: Graphene in Automotive