Autology: Will consumers be over the moon about over-the-air updates?
In this week’s episode of Autology, we discuss over-the-air (OTA) updates and what they actually mean for the consumer with our special guest Omkar Panse, vice-president at KPIT Technologies.
This includes passenger-facing benefits such as improved maps and infotainment, as well as more practical maintenance updates that could result in an increased ownership period.
However, OTA also brings the need for cybersecurity – tune in to find out what is being done to help stop your car from being hacked, in addition to what OEMs are leading the industry with their OTA offerings.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our firstname.lastname@example.org email, and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website. Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Recommended for you
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E12]: Top 5 Global Automotive Trends and the biggest Aftermarket shows
- 12V batteries part III: Learnings from an established sustainable supply chain
- Consumers clamor for connected content
- Fuel For Thought [S4|E11]: The future of EVs and alternative propulsion in the commercial market
- Electric vehicles: Do consumers even want them?
- Letting go: Consumer sentiments towards automated driving
- EV charging trends
- Paris Motor show- A recap